|Ideal for Ages:||5-12 yrs|
|Shipping Weight:||145 lbs.|
A Complete Bent 3.5" OD Post Backstop kit with a fan-shaped Aluminum Backboard. Slight upcharge for 1' post extension.
Aluminum backboard specifications are as follows:
- Dimensions of fan shaped backboard: 35" x 54" x 1 ¼" thick aluminum
- Permanent molded with a #319 aluminum alloy which helps prevent cracking from impact forces
- Backboard thickness measures 3/16"
- Reinforcing ribs and flange are 3/4" deep and 3/16" to 1/4" thick
- The area for attaching the goal and bolting to the post measures 7/16" thick with four holes accommodating 5" x 5" and 4 7/32" x 5 1/8" goal hole patterns.
- All burrs and sharp areas are ground and sanded smoothly to avoid snagging
The complete basketball back board is powder coated white with a baked on polyester paint. Silk-screened targets and/or borders are optional. Molded in bosses are drilled and tapped for 3/8" – 16 machine bolts for attachment of optional support braces. Cast aluminum backboards carry a lifetime warranty when mounted "goal to post" where the stress of "slam dunking" is absorbed by the bent post.
The Bent Post itself is made of 3 ½" O.D. RS40 zinc flow coated steel tubing with an 8 gage (.165") wall thickness with a 36" extension from the front of the bent post to the face of the backboard and allowance for a 36" length of post to be buried into the ground. A 6" x 6"steel plate is welded to the end of the bent post with slotted mounting holes accommodating 5" x 5" and 4 1/32" x 5 1/8" goal hole patterns. The post can withstand 1500# of weight before permanent deformation occurs.
The Official Goal and Nylon Net is constructed of an official 18" diameter heavy-duty high carbon steel ring with 12 wire formed no-tie net holders, all of commercial grade quality. The back plate measures 3/16" thick x 7" wide. Nylon net is 120-thread count with hourglass shape. Rim has an orange powder coated finish.